Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Henry and I had another great day today. Here's the proof.



We started out with a quick review of the tarp. This is him saying "You're being ridiculous Mom"


After the tarp review we went on another walk. Not to the junk yard like most days, but to things up and around the house.


Henry, meet the basketball hoop, BBall hoop, Meet Henry.


Holy Canoly, we're in the garage!!! ( FYI, this camera adds 50 lbs LOL)


"Is this hose suppose to bother me?"

"Hum, A dog a wheel barrow and a strange Man all at once, nothing spooky here Mom!"

"Yum, birdseed! Lets come back here soon!"

"So this is where you go when you leave me outside. Tonight I'll sleep right in there please. Don't forget to fluff the pillows"

Seriously, he went right up this ramp. He hesitated just a bit, but just barely. He backed off of it nicely too.

On a side note, I had my second riding lesson on the "problem horse" up at the farriers place today. I'm learning how to sit a horsey tantrum and the different ways to push them through it while remaining in control. The first lesson was last week and we worked on a horrible cantering mess including bucking and a surprise rear in the end. We also worked on my skills at predicting a tantrum and how to prevent it.

The lesson today was more about my skills. Legs back, breathe, relax, sit on your pockets, etc. Pearl, the horse, had a few hiccups for me to work out, but nothing major. This is all suppose to help me in my riding skills should Henry become a twitt.

I can't wait to ride my horse!!!

2 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Looks exciting! p.s. What are you getting to plant from the wheelbarrow?

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

What a fun outing! I love the pictures. And you are so brave to be taking lessons on a horse like that!